In part three of this article we're going to run through the wizard itself explaining what actions you need to take as the Wizard is in progress and what effect settings you choose have on the final configuration of your Exchange and Office 365 environment.
If you haven’t downloaded it yet, don’t forget to listen to Episode 5 of the UC Architect, hosted this week by yours truly!
In this show, I’m joined by Michael De Rooij, Stale Hansen, Johan Veldhuis and Justin Morris and we discuss:
- MEC Topics!
- The new Hotmail, Outlook.com!!
- DirSync Filtering!!!
- Multi-site Active/Active DAGs in Exchange 2010!!!!
- Best practices for publishing EWS through TMG for Lync!!!!!
- Troubleshooting tools and centralised logging in Lync 2013!!!!!!
- Stale’s amazing Lync 2013 roundup article!!!!!!!!
In part two of the article, I have a look at what happens under the hood when you run the Hybrid Configuration wizard; so you have a clear idea of what changes the Hybrid Configuration Wizard will make to your Exchange on-premises organization and Office 365 tenant.
I’ve been a bit behind on the blog over the last couple of weeks as I’ve been pretty busy with work, The UC Architects and writing for MSExchange.org – but don’t worry blog followers, you’ve not been forgotten!
On episode 3, I’m joined by Tom Arbuthnot, Ståle Hansen, Mahmoud Magdy and Justin Morris, where we talk about:
- Live@EDU and Office 365
- Upcoming certificate changes that affect Exchange and Lync. Includes thinking on Active Directory planning and techniques.
- Windows 8 and Windows 2012 impact on Unified Communications. Includes discussion on Microsoft Surface and tablet devices
- Questions from Facebook, including merging/migrating two Lync organizations
- Tools for troubleshooting Lync
Episode 4 – Lync 2013
In episode 4 – part 1, Lync, Pat Richard is joined by Tom Arbuthnot, Johan Vedhuis along with guests Kevin Peters and Elan Shudnow talking about Lync 2013
Episode 4 – Exchange 2013
In the second part of episode 4, Pat Richard is talking Exchange 2013 with Michael Van Horenbeek, Dave Stork, Mahmoud Magdy, Michel De Rooij, John A Cook, Johan Veldhuis and Serkan Varoglu.
We recorded episode 5 last night, so be sure to check The UC Architects Monday evening to check it out!
In my first article over at MSExchange.org, this multi-part series first looks at the areas you should check before you start, then in part two examines what happens under the hood and details the tuning and tests worth performing after using the Wizard.